Thursday, November 27, 2008

Waddle waddle

Today my family gathered at the dinner table and enjoyed a wonderful turkey dinner. I made a sausage-cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, and herbed corn. I was going to cook some sweet potatoes but since my dad won't eat them, my son won't eat them.

My son's favorite part was the pie. I did not make a traditional pumpkin pie, I made an ice cream pie! I also made gingerbread whipped cream. It was great!!

After dinner my son helped me sort through the turkey for bones. We put them in the crockpot along with some veggies and in 12 hrs we'll have some lovely turkey stock for our turkey minestrone. I am hoping to go to the store and purchase some lovely vegetables for said minestrone, I'm just not sure which to get.

I hope everyone out there had a fantastic turkey day!

1 comment:

Talula the Two-Dollar-Hooker said...

That. Sounds. Fantastic! **makes plans to spend next Thanksgiving in WA** ;)